The cold therapy entitled “Cryotherapy” has been used since ancient to treat certain inflammations and wounds. Its fame came through its efficacy and affordability. It works on limiting inflammations in the body and lowering nerves irritating in the body. There are factors affecting the process of cryotherapy; such as the way you apply it, the degree of the ice packs, and the periods of time you expose your body to the ice.
Cryotherapy also enhances athletic performance as it helps in burning stubborn body fats, infusion of blood through vessels, and relaxation of muscles.
Why Cryotherapy is your best choice
- Affordable in comparison to other medications and treatments.
- Effective as proved by being tested.
- Easy usage.
Types of Cryotherapy
Whole-Body: It is done into cryotherapy champers where the whole body is exposed to cold nitrogen liquid.
Partial-Body: It is done by applying amounts of ice to certain areas in the body, the parts that need treatment.
There are different ways how you apply cryotherapy
- Packs: It is when you wrap ice packs and surround them to the area that needs treatment.
- Sprays: Ice spraying is also a beneficial way of treatment, where you apply the spray on the targeted part of your body.
- Massage: It is about applying the ice through rotational movements for a fixed period of time.
Cryotherapy may lead to serious side effects, just if you use it on your own without supervision. So, you have to seek professional help in order to receive the best results.
Cases that Cryotherapy treat
- Chronic skin disease
- Nerve irritation
- Soft tissue injuries
Cryotherapy & Beauty
Nowadays, cryotherapy is not just being used in treating serious diseases. However, Hollywood’s stars are now using cryotherapy as an anti-aging treatment in order to avoid wrinkles and skin problems.
Cryotherapy also helps in treating cellulite which is a common problem that women worldwide suffer from.